We’re coming to the end of 2017, just 55 number of days as this is posted to NW2NW website.
- How will you remember the past 12 months?
- Did the life and work you have had match up to what you’d hoped?
- What will be your 2017 story?
Both holidays and movies require planning if they’re going to have outcomes desired and intended, much like ‘seeing the scene’, ‘framing the shot’ in advance as a film director would do who wants to tell us their story.
This time of year we find ourselves planning for the end-of-year holidays. These events annually offer us time to look back, be thankful, give gifts and welcome in the new year. Filmmakers know we’re going to take time to get together with family and friends and make new friends, hearing and telling stories. So they invite us to hear their stories with the release of new movies, such Beauty and the Beast, John Wick 2, The Fate of the Furious and Fifty Shades Darker, to a bevy of superhero movies, all the way to the next Star Wars movie.
Come be part of the evening Tuesday, November 28, 5:30-8:00 pm for the next NetWork 2 NewWork event, “Planning-As-Future-Creation: assuring the life and work we hope will be”.
- Ann Dehen and Ken Soper with Amanda Schelling and Will Ellis will help us think and collaboratively brainstorm about planning, how we do it, and how we can do it better to create our preferred futures. Amanda and Will will also help us be more aware of some planning we need to do for the immediate and more long term health and financial futures as well.
Our event is at a new location, St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, 2510 Richmond St NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. The church is easily reached south off 3-Mile via Elmridge Dr or Walker Avenue, and north off Leonard on Oakleigh which merges into Richmond.
- See the evening’s schedule in the column to the right.
RSVP using the RED “Register Now” button to the right on this page.
Having a network’s now an imperative for our present career and our futures as well as that of our employers and even the economy’s health. In fact, part of our value to our employer (and future ones) is our network.
- If we put off building and nurturing our connections, letting employers and the tasks they want done completely preoccupy us, dictating the use of all our time, they keep us from making our own professional (and personal) development a priority and make us vulnerable to exigencies and cycles of the economy.
- Furthermore, innovation and creativity often comes from new directions, ‘mistakes’ of bumping into an event, idea or person we wouldn’t have if we’d not taken the risk to make new connections and share ideas and activities with people we don’t ‘normally’ run into.
Each NetWork 2 NewWork event presentation is woven together, an orchestrated networking opportunity, expanding and strengthening your network and that of those you meet, because they get to know you and you them–more an art than a science.
In addition, there will be the opportunity to get a LinkedIn “headshot” at the event for a modest donation. This photo opportunity has become a regular feature at NetWork 2 NewWork events. Check with the volunteer at the Sign-In Table when you arrive if you’re interested.
Take advantage of networking opportunities and food by coming right at beginning of the event, then continue after the presentation to practice your skills and developing habits essential to building a powerful and giving network.
Since July 2012 the support of EaRN Employment and Resource Network has helped us keep these events remain FREE. If you wish to donate–please do so HERE and thank you!–we will provide a receipt for your tax preparation as our sponsor, EaRN, is an IRS-recognized 501c3 non-profit organization.
These NW2NW events always have an underlying theme–we’re increasing becoming aware how at-will employment makes us all self-employed free agents, focusing on all forms of work—as an employee, contract worker, staffing firm associate, consultant, business owner, entrepreneur, and volunteer—and that continuous networking is critical to finding work and staying employable in this new economy.
Hosted by St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church & EaRN
- Check-in, food & networking: 5:30-6:15 pm
- Presentation, 6:15-7:30 pm~
- More food & networking: 7:30-7:55 pm
- Door Prize Drawings: 7:55-8:00 pm