NetWork 2 NewWork
is Golden Rule Networking
- beginning your work search
- looking to expand your current network, or
- searching for talent for your team?
NetWork 2 NewWork is a committed group of professionals who not only provide events to network at but also provide informative presentations assist your networking and to master techniques that will give you confidence.
Our bi-monthly events (January, March, May, July, September and November) include presentations by West Michiganders who offer information not only on the basics of networking, but also using social media, interviewing, working with HR and recruiters, and finding opportunities for informational meetings with colleagues in your career field as well as those with the authority to hire. These presentations are “bookended” by continued orchestrated networking and conversation.
Relationships are the rungs of the ladder to success, and to being a vital member of your community. Networking is the powerful tactic to find work, to find talent, and to expand the success of your own career or your organization. Using Golden Rule Networking you will build friendships that will have your back when things get tough, people who will keep you motivated, and to bounce off your ideas with. When you focus on how you can help others, the opportunities will come.
The bottom line is that people want to network, build relationships and do business with people they know and trust. Golden Rule Networking can help you become that person for many people, and yourself. Beyond friendships and opportunities, “paying forward” you will build mutually beneficial relationships you can trust to provide you with advice and the contacts you need to help you achieve your goals. Your network can promote you and your services or products to the people they know.
Your network can help you with practical advice in small and big things. Why? Because you have proven you are willing to do the same thing for them. That’s why the most active activity in effective networking is hearing a new connection’s story, understand their talents, and ask them the important question you can ask someone you meet is, “How can I help you?” Do for others as you’d have them do for you.
OUR NEXT NW2NW EVENT is Tuesday, 5:00-8:00 pm, May 16th, 2017, at Westminster Presbyterian Church (WPC) in downtown Grand Rapids, a block and a half south of Fulton. Park in the church’s lot off Jefferson & Oakes.
- From the north off US-131, take Market St exit 85A, then go straight off ramp across Market on to Cherry St; travel under US-131 (Van Andel Arena on your left) for 8 blocks to Cherry/Jefferson traffic circle, take a left onto Jefferson and go north 2 blocks. WPC’s parking entrance is on your left across from the Old GR Public Museum at State St and Jefferson.
- From the south off US-131, take Wealthy St exit 84A, turning right on Wealthy; travel 6 blocks to the Wealthy/Jefferson traffic circle, then take a left onto Jefferson and go north 4 blocks. WPC’s parking entrance is on your left across from the Old GR Public Museum at State St and Jefferson.
More details are available by clicking on the NW2NW Events tab at the top of this page. And there’s more–see below.
As you begin you work search you need direction, support and a lot of “how to” information to be successful. The Work Search Roundtable events provide that for you is an informal and safe environment. The sessions are open to the public and provide ongoing networking, support, group problem solving, accountability and coaching for individuals during periods of work search and career transition. These sessions make them the longest, continuously meeting job clubs in West Michigan–-9000+ people have attended sessions since 1999–-at two locations on different days of the week. Read More…..